Sunday 20 March 2016

Vegan Skin Care.

So it's been a little while since I updated, and I've been planning this post since I first started my blog. Skin care is very important as we all know, and I like to stick to this routine twice a day, once in the morning before work, and once before bed. Because I work in an environment where there is air blasting around, dirt, dander, and fur flying in my face all day, keeping my face cleaned and moisturised is so important to me. My skin has an oily T-Zone then the rest is normal to dry, so my skin is combination.

LUSH - Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub.

I mentioned this facial scrub in my "Vegan bath favourites" post, and I mentioned how much I love it! I do not use this twice a day. I use this scrub twice or three times weekly. It smells delicious, very nice and fresh. 
There's big rocks of salt to really scrub your face of all the oil and dirt. It leaves you feeling smooth and very awake. I know I will be using this for a very long time, as I'm in no rush to find an alternative. 
- Side note - 
Only the self preserving one is Vegan!!

Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.

If I'm wearing makeup I will always take it off with a wet wipe first, I then go on to cleanse my face with coconut oil. I adore coconut oil for so many things, and cleansing my face is just one of them. As silly as it sounds; coconut oil is good for cleaning the natural dirty oils from your skin. It takes away the access dirt on your face whilst nourishing your skin at the same time. I apply about a 3rd of a teaspoon to my clean hands, let it melt, and rub all over my face. I then get a cotton pad and take away the oil. If I was to just leave it at this step there would be too much oil, and I'd just be a greasy mess, so then I will always use a toner. You can buy coconut oil from most supermarkets, Holland & Barrett, or amazon. It's always best to buy organic, virgin, and raw.

Pure Tea Tree Oil.

Like coconut oil I use tea tree oil for so many things. It is a natural anti-inflammatory, and has antibacterial properties making it perfect for spot prone skin. I don't really suffer with acne or spots fortunately, but it's always better to prevent. I've been using tea tree oil as a toner for around 10 months now and haven't had any problems what so ever. I get a cotton pad, wet it with water, then add two drops to the pad. I use it all over my face being very careful of my eyes. After using this my face feels tight, clean, and so fresh. I know after I've done this step my face is as clean as can be and ready for moisturising. You have to moisturise after this step otherwise it would completely dry out your skin, and make you overproduce oils. I bought this from amazon, but recently found this exact one in Tesco for £1. So much cheaper and better for you than fancy tea tree toners.

LUSH - Enzymion Facial Moisturiser.

So I really wanted to find a new moisturiser, but wasn't sure whether to spend the money as in my opinion this is quite expensive. The fact they squeeze a whole lemon in to this bad boy was king of an arm twister for me. I can't believe I wasn't using this years ago. I chose this as it's for oil prone skin, and leaves a matte finish. I was very sceptical at first because I've never been a face moisturiser person to be fair. It completely changed my opinion, and now I feel like a grown up because I finally use a moisturiser every day haha. It does leave me feeling moisturised, however not really matte, but that's what my primer and foundation are for and it's the perfect base for both. 

Bull Dog - Original Eye Roll On.

Skin care for men? Pfft they're just words! I first started using this after I stole it from my brother because my eye bags in the morning were getting out of hand. So I decided to buy it for myself. I leave this on the windowsill so that the metal ball on the inside is always cold. Apparently the coldness reduces the puffiness of your under eye bags. I haven't really noticed that, but I like the coldness in the morning, it wakes me up a bit. This is quite a runny formula but some how sinks in to the skin like a dream, and also tightens the skin. There's avocado oil, cucumber oil, and Brazilian ginseng extract packed in. This product is vegan, but doesn't state it on the packaging, just on the website. They're also from the UK. You can buy this from their website (www.bulldogskincare.com, or from Boots.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this post.
☠StarkyBones☠

No comments:

Post a Comment